Friends will double-take when they see our most versatile, aerodynamic bike mount on your car. It carries your complete bike — no wheel removal needed. The universal mounting system fits nearly any crossbars you can think of.
Out of stock
- Fits round, square, factory or aerodynamic crossbars
- Not suitable for square bars with a depth exceeding 38mm
- Zero contact with frame; carbon fibre and custom paint jobs are protected
- Accommodates disc brakes, thru axles, and full suspension bikes
- Holds bike upright while you secure the bike to the mount
- Leave your front wheel on for easy loading
- No tools or assembly required
- Fits 20″ to 29″ wheels with tyre widths up to 3″
- SKS Locks sold separately
- 1 bike, up to 18 kg at min of 46 cm crossbar spread; or up to 13.6 kg at min of 41 cm crossbar spread
- Minimum and maximum crossbar spreads: 41 cm – 122 cm
- 5.90 kg
- L 142.2 cm x W 17.8 cm x H 19.1 cm
- 1 bike capacity
MAX. weight 18 kg per bike
- Base Rack System Required
- 5 Minute Install
- Tool-Free Install
Q: Can I go through the car wash?
A: We definitely recommend that you wash your car now and again and even your rack, but not when the rack is attached to your car because that could cause some serious damage.
Q: Does it lock?
A: Yes. A security cable slides out of the FrontLoader’s frame. SKS lock cores are sold separately, so that you can have matching locks for your system.
Q: What bikes will it fit?
A: Bikes with 20-29″ wheel sizes.
Q: What crossbar spread should I use?
A: Depends on the load you are carrying. See the Fit List, or ask a local dealer.
Q: I need to carry several bikes. Can I place bikes on the car backwards to get more space?
A: Yes, just remember to turn the bike around before riding it.
Q: What maintenance is required?
A: Maintenance is important to keep it working properly and to help it last longer. Apply grease to nuts, screws, and bolts. Lubricate locks with graphite. Remove the rack when not in use. Clean the rack periodically, especially in marine environments and where road salt is used.
Q: How much space does it need? How many can I carry?
A: That depends on the bikes and vehicle. In general, you will need about 304 mm (12″) of crossbar per bike when mounting them alternately front and rear facing. Barring any other restriction practical limit is usually four bikes.
Q: Can I use a fairing with the FrontLoader?
A:It may be necessary to mount the Frontloader backwards when using a fairing in some applications.
Q: What if I want a longer wheelstrap for my ForkLift or FrontLoader?
A: Then order the #8880229 replacement wheelstrap for 6.6 cm (2.5″) more length.