iKamper X-Cover Roof Top Tent
The iKamper X-Cover has temporarily SOLD OUT. iKamper are now developing the next generation X-Cover 2.0 which will be available towards the end of 2021. Contact us if you have any questions.
Phone: (09) 267 8767
Introducing the X-Cover roof top tent, by iKamper!
The X-Cover’s patented, award winning design eliminates the bulky PVC cover of traditional roof top tents and saves time: be ready to camp in 3 minutes. It won Overland Journal’s coveted Editor’s Choice Award, and was also a finalist in Outdoor Retailer’s Innovation Awards. In 2019, the X-Cover® won the Red Dot Design Award. Spend less time installing and packing up, more time outdoors with friends and family.
Out of stock
- Patented design: Eliminates the bulky PVC cover of traditional rooftop tents.
- Saves time: Be ready to camp in 3 minutes.
- Cross bars: Mount your favourite equipment on top of the X-Cover when it is fully closed and ready for transport- save space in your vehicle! Black, powder-coated, aluminium bars. Load rating of these crossbars = 30 kg
- Sleeps 3-4 people: Comfortable king-size mattress.
- Lightweight: 55 kg
- Breathable: Insulating Poly-Cotton Canvas tent fabric.
- Open design: Double Skyview windows for extra light by day and a view of the stars at night
- Mounting Brackets 2.0: Faster installation, the new standard of mounting brackets. These quick-to-tighten brackets are compatible with a maximum cross bar height of 1.2″ (3 cm) and a width of 3.5″ (9 cm). For higher cross bars, Mounting Brackets 1.0 should be used.
- Two Crossbars: Mount your favourite equipment, and save space in your vehicle. Compatible with all after-market cross bar accessories. Load rating: 65 lbs / 30 kg
- iKamper Allen Wrench: Allows quick installation of the brackets.
- 2.0 Ladder with Cover: Features angled steps, making them safer and more comfortable when you climb up.
- Seam Sealer: Condition the seams of your canvas tent.
- Tension Poles: Turn your windows into canopies.
- 2 Extra E-Clips for Mounting Brackets
- 4 Rail Endcaps
- Instruction Manual
- Fabric Care Card
NOTE: Additional rack systems shown in the images (bike, kayak, paddleboard, etc) are NOT included. Product images are for reference purposes only and may differ to a certain extent from the actual product. Branding on the most recent X-Cover includes iKamper’s trademarked crest logo as well as a monochrome iKamper logotype.
Watch how to open an iKamper X-Cover HERE
Watch how to close an iKamper X-Cover HERE
- Floor: Durable & insulating honeycomb aluminium panels
- Tent: Breathable 300gsm poly-cotton canvas
- Rainfly: Waterproof polyester 150D (PU 3000mm)
Mounting the iKamper X-Cover:
With a suitable roof rack system, the X-Cover fits on a wide range of vehicles. At 55kg, the X-Cover is extremely lightweight given its size. To check that your vehicle is X-Cover-friendly, please contact us. We are able to talk you through all the options for a suitable roof rack system, plus we can install everything for you. Get in touch for more info.
Thanks to our universal mounting system, iKamper roof top tents fit on most vehicles.
They are designed to be mounted on two normal cross bars (not directly on the roof of the car), such as ones from CRUZ, Rhino Rack, Yakima, Thule, or any other after-market cross bars (same bars you would attach your bike or Kayak to). Our tents come with Mounting Brackets 2.0, which are compatible with a max cross bar height of 3cm and a width of 9cm. For higher cross bars, Mounting Brackets 1.0 should be used.
Check your vehicle’s manual or contact manufacturer to know your roof’s dynamic weight limit. Dynamic weight refers to the weight supported by your vehicle when it is in motion, while static weight refers to the weight supported by your vehicle when it is stopped.
Make sure your roof rack or cross bars have a dynamic weight load rating of at least 57 kg.
X-Cover IMPORTANT INFO:
When purchasing any iKamper Roof Top Tent, you agree and acknowledge that is your sole responsibility to determine whether your vehicle or trailer is suitable and safe for use and installation of the iKamper Roof Top Tent.
iKamper Roof Top Tents have two rails underneath the main panel, and are mounted on your cross bars with adjustable mounting brackets. The rails underneath the main panel are 4.5cm wide and 2.5cm tall.
To fit an X-Cover, your vehicle roof and the roof racks you are using must have a minimum dynamic load rating of 57kg. Roof Rack systems that use brackets to ‘clamp and tension’ around the upper edge of the door frame are not suitable for the X-Cover. Please consult the vehicle manufacturer regarding the roof load rating for your vehicle before purchasing any Roof Top Tent.
The crossbar roof racks on your vehicle must be at least 76cm apart.
Failure to follow these instructions could not only cause damage to your vehicle but could also cause serious injury.
For warranty information on iKamper products, click HERE
|Type||Soft Shell Hybrid|
|Capacity||3 – 4 People|
|Hard Shell Locks||No|
|Load Gear on Top||Yes|
|Detachable Rain Fly||Yes|
|Size (Open)||194 x 238 x 123 cm|
|Size (Closed)||194 x 119 x 34.5 cm|
|Mattress||227 x 175 x 6 cm|
|Ladder Weight Limit||150kg|
|Wind Resistance||Recommended max wind 32kmh|
|Tested up to 64kmh winds|
|Roof Rack / Cross Bars Minimum Requirement (Dynamic Weight Load)||57kg|
|Speed Limit||100 kmh|
|Tent Weight Limit||408kg|