iKamper Skycamp 2.0 Roof Top Tent – Rocky Black
If you’re looking for the very best in Roof Top Tents, look no further.
We’re proud to introduce to New Zealand the iKamper Skycamp 2.0: the latest and improved version of the award-winning and best-selling Skycamp!
In 2017, the iKamper Skycamp Roof Top Tent became the most successful tent in crowdfunding history, raising US$2.3 million. In 2018, the Skycamp won the Red Dot Design Award and became available in 26 countries. In 2019, we introduced the Skycamp 2.0: a new, improved Skycamp.
- 1 Minute Setup: Get out of your car and be ready to camp in 60 seconds.
- Sleeps up to 4 People: The Skycamp features a comfortable king-size mattress.
- Aerodynamic and Lightweight Design: Looks great and fits on most vehicles.
- Customizable: Choose the colour of your hard shell and the accessories you want for the best camping experience.
- Breathable: Insulating Poly-Cotton Canvas tent fabric.
- Hard Shell Locks: Closing straps have custom locks to give you peace of mind.
- Quality: The Skycamp is made with love at the iKamper factory in South Korea with quality components and custom moulds.
WATCH THE SKYCAMP OPEN – CLICK HERE
WATCH THE SKYCAMP CLOSE – CLICK HERE
New Skycamp improvements:
- Thicker Mattress: 1.8″ high density memory foam
- Interior Design: World map graphic
- Hard Shell Locks: Stronger stainless steel
- Windows: Outer fabric turns into a canopy
- Mounting Brackets: Easier to install
- Redesigned Ladder: Safer and more comfortable
Comfortably sleeps up to 4 people:
The floor folds out into a king-size mattress, and we’ve increased the Skycamp 2.0’s memory foam thickness by 50% compared to the original Skycamp. A family of two adults and two children can sleep comfortably, or up to 3 adults. You won’t find another hard shell roof top tent this spacious.
- Mounting Brackets 2.0($89 value): Faster installation, the new standard of mounting brackets. These quick-to-tighten brackets are compatible with a maximum cross bar height of 1.2″ (3cm) and a width of 3.5″ (9cm). For higher cross bars, Mounting Brackets 1.0 should be used (sold separately, please enquire).
- iKamper Allen Wrench: Allows quick installation of the brackets.
- 2.0m Ladder with Cover ($145 value): Features angled steps, making them safer and more comfortable when you climb up. Ladder extensions are available for higher vehicles, please ask.
- UV Protective Cover ($90 value): Protect your hard shell from harsh weather conditions.
- Gas Strut Locks ($25 value): Securely lock the hard shell open during windy situations.
- Hard shell Wax (gloss black/white only) ($25 value): Hard shell conditioning and care.
- Seam Sealer ($15 value): Condition the seams of your canvas tent.
- Tension Poles ($52 value): Turn your side windows into canopies.
- 2 Keys: Safely keep your hard shell locked and secure.
- 2 Extra E-Clips for Mounting Brackets
- 4 Rail Endcaps
- Instruction Manual
- Fabric Care Card
Fall asleep under the stars:
Skycamp’s signature Skyview window gives you the option of extra light by day and a view of the stars at night. The rain fly can be rolled up when not in use, allowing for extra ventilation. Or zip up the inside cover to keep the light out.
The Skycamp 2.0 windows consist of 3 parts- an inner ‘see-through’ vinyl window, a mesh one, and an outer polyester cover. The outer window can either be rolled up or turned into a canopy.
Available in 3 different hardshell colours:
- This listing = Rocky Black: featuring a tough, scratch resistant coating.
- Gloss Black, available HERE
- Gloss White, available HERE
Fits a wide range of vehicles:
With a suitable roof rack system, the Skycamp fits on a wide range of vehicles. At 72kg, the Skycamp is extremely lightweight given its size. To check that your vehicle is Skycamp-friendly, please contact us.
If you’re looking for the best in Roof Top Tents, look no further. All iKamper Roof Top Tents are made with utmost care in our own factory, we assemble every Skycamp ourselves and the product is certified to the highest international standards, with ISO 9001 (Quality Management) and ISO 14001 (Environmental Management) certification. The Skycamp’s fast, easy set up is only possible because of the careful design and the quality of every part. We’ve spent years perfecting the Skycamp’s folding design to create a comfy tent that literally anyone can set up.
Aerodynamic Double Layered Hardshell:
The hard shell of the Skycamp is made of FRP (fibre-reinforced plastic) and has TWO layers for extra insulation and strength, setting it apart from traditional roof top tents’ shells. The hard shell that protects your Skycamp on the road is made of fiber-reinforced plastic and has a double layer with built-in air insulation, making it soundproof and condensation resistant. Most rooftop tents have a single-layer shell.
Watch this video showing hardshell testing HERE
Durable Honeycomb Aluminium Flooring:
The Skycamp’s floor is made of high-performance honeycomb aluminum panels that are lightweight and strong enough to hold a 1.8-ton Jeep Wrangler! The flat, insulated aluminum panels will give you a much more comfortable night’s rest than the rocky, cold ground.
See the Skycamp floor being put to the ultimate test HERE
300GSM Poly-Cotton Canvas:
The Skycamp tent is made of breathable, water-resistant poly-cotton canvas. To really keep you dry, it also comes with waterproof zippers and a rain fly for extra protection. The problem with most tents is that the thin polyester has a vinyl coating, making it less breathable and increasing condensation. The Skycamp’s thicker, heavier canvas will keep you dry, and it’s also quieter in the wind.
Add to your outdoor adventure:
The Skycamp has a range of accessories available, such as an Annex Room and an Awning. All accessories are made to the same premium quality standards you can expect from all iKamper products. Ask us if you would like more information on optional accessories.
Skycamp 2.0 IMPORTANT INFO:
When purchasing any iKamper Roof Top Tent, you agree and acknowledge that is your sole responsibility to determine whether your vehicle or trailer is suitable and safe for use and installation of the iKamper Roof Top Tent.
iKamper Roof Top Tents have two rails underneath the main panel, and are mounted on your cross bars with adjustable mounting brackets. The rails underneath the main panel are 4.5cm wide and 2.5cm tall.
To fit a Skycamp 2.0, your vehicle roof and the roof racks you are using must have a minimum dynamic load rating of 75kg. Roof Rack systems that use brackets to ‘clamp and tension’ around the upper edge of the door frame are not suitable for the Skycamp 2.0. Please consult the vehicle manufacturer regarding the roof load rating for your vehicle before purchasing any Roof Top Tent.
The crossbar roof racks on your vehicle must be at least 76cm apart.
Failure to follow these instructions could not only cause damage to your vehicle but could also cause serious injury.
For warranty information on iKamper products, click HERE
Roof Rack requirements:
We can assist with roof racks advice and can also supply and install a suitable system for your vehicle – contact us for more information.
iKamper Roof Top Tents are designed to be mounted on two normal cross bar roof racks (such as Rhino Racks), or any other after-market cross bars that have an approved dynamic load rating high enough to safely carry and use your Roof Top Tent. These iKamper tents come with Mounting Brackets 2.0, which are compatible with a max cross bar height of 1.2″ (3cm) and a width of 3.5″ (9cm). For higher cross bars, Mounting Brackets 1.0 should be used (sold separately, please ask).
- For the Skycamp 2.0, roof racks or cross bars must have a dynamic load rating of 75 kg or more. Minimum distance between roof racks = 76cm.
- For the Skycamp Mini, roof racks or cross bars must have a dynamic load rating of 57 kg or more. Minimum distance between roof racks = 55cm.
- For the X-Cover, roof racks or cross bars must have a dynamic load rating of 57 kg or more. Minimum distance between roof racks = 76cm.
- Bracket mount or ‘gutterless’ mounted roof racks are not approved to be used with these roof top tents. Please contact us to find out more about a suitable roof rack system for your vehicle.
Skycamp 2.0 Specifications:
|Capacity||3 – 4 People|
|Hard Shell Locks||Yes|
|Load Gear on Top||No|
|Detachable Rain Fly||Yes|
|Size (Open)||217 x 230 x 123 cm|
|Size (Closed)||217 x 139 x 32.5 cm|
|Mattress||203 x 197 x 4 cm|
|Ladder Weight Limit||150kg|
|Wind Resistance||Recommended max wind 32kmh|
|Tested up to 64kmh winds|
|Roof Rack / Cross Bars Minimum Requirement (Dynamic Weight Load)||75kg|
|Speed Limit||100 kmh|
|Tent Weight Limit||408kg|